Friday, July 11, 2008

Hancock - Review

So today is my first film review that I hope to do some more of. So keep an eye out.
~~~~

Just the other week I finally found some free time in my day. I sat around in my hotel room watching some TV when a review caught my eye. Hancock: The story of a drunk Superhero with a very unsocial mindset. Now that kind of story doesn't come everyday. So I decided it was worth the time to go to my local theatre as catch a screening. Wasn't expecting too much, but Will Smith has a huge rep that I was sure he'd continue to build so there was some level of acting I expected.

The humor starts right off the bat with this one. A little kid tapping hungover John Hancock (Will Smith) on the shoulder alerting him of the high speed chase taking place on the highway. Hancock tells him to leave him be but this kid shows him the mouth and calls him an a-hole. Well Hancock as you expect, flys in to 'save the day', but he seems to cause more harm than help. By this time, this superhero isn't so 'super' to the Los Angeles public and they think he should be detained where he can't do anymore damage. Here comes Ray Embrey into the scene, a failed public relations worker that sees Hancock as an opportunity. He thinks that Hancock should be a rolemodel that kids would look up to and idolize. Ray takes Hancock under his wing to make him a public figure. He soon learns that this will be way harder than he anticipated and soon finds himself visiting Hancock in the city jail.

Now I won't give away the ending, but Hancock is a special comedy that delivers. But the constant a-word and other explotives makes this film a little unfriendly to little kids, but the unexpected twist at the end of the film and the great acting by Will Smith, Charlize Theron, and Jason Bateman make Hancock an enjoyable experience.

My Rating: B+

0 comments:

 
designed by suckmylolly.com